2020 India UK Development Partnership Forum Annual Meeting
June 30 @ 11:00 am - July 1 @ 3:00 pm
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic the 2020 Annual Meeting has been postponed until later in the year.
The 2020 Annual Meeting of the India UK Development Partnership Forum (IUKDPF) will convene scholars, policy-makers and practitioners to share knowledge and insight towards advancing the global goals. Specifically, the meeting will provide an opportunity to convene and reflect on recent advances on thinking and innovation around India’s impact on global development. The meeting will showcase evidence-based research into trends, including friction and progress towards achieving development goals across different modalities, sectors and partnerships. The 2020 Annual Meeting will conclude with a horizon scanning exercise to identify frontier and emerging global issues facing Indian development cooperation in the decade ahead.
Content and themes
A core goal of the Annual Meeting is to provide a platform for knowledge exchange and fostering communities of practice between the UK, India and its partners. Areas of analysis will include:
- Climate, energy and low-carbon transitions
- Infrastructure projects, including dam building and hydropower
- India in the changing global development governance landscape
- Innovations in development finance
- Transformative approaches to gender justice and women’s empowerment
- The nexus between development, peace and security
- New cultural diplomacy
- Private sector roles and partnerships
- Critical reflections around the concept of ‘soft-power’
Participants at the meeting will include invited representatives from UK, India and partner governments, civil society, private sector organisations, multilateral agencies, think tanks and academic researchers; and our GPPD partners.
Please contact us for information updates, if you are interested in attending, presenting, or if you would just like to hear more about the event.