The emerging foreign assistance policies of India and China: India as a development partner
Abstract: This paper attempts a detailed account and analysis of India as an emerging foreign aid donor, or development partner as it prefers to call itself, analyzing it in the context of the international aid regime as well as in the contexts of the evolution of Indian foreign policy and economic relations with other developing countries.
- Publication year: 2014
- Publication Type: Research Paper
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Sector: Multi-sectoral
- The Institution (Publication): University of Pennsylvania Institute for the Advanced Study of India
- Author (and co-authors): Eswaran Sridharan
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; Emerging donors; aid architecture; Indian aid architecture; India’s emerging trade and investment relationships; Asia; Africa
- Link: https://casi.sas.upenn.edu/sites/default/files/upiasi/E.%20Sridharan%20-%20IDRC%2C%20India%20as%20an%20Emerging%20Donor%2C%20June%202014.pdf