India-Africa Economic Partnership: Trends and Prospects
Abstract: With the growing internationalisation, the traditional old linkages between India and Africa are gradually emerging as a dynamic and vibrant trade and investment partnership, benefiting all the partner economies. The rapid economic transformation of Indian economy and her emergence as major market has provided huge opportunities to the partner countries. The trade between India and Africa has almost doubled in last couple of years with rapid rise in Indian investments in the region. This may contribute substantively towards South-South cooperation model as was perceived at Bandung. It is in this context that India and Africa are also playing a key role at various global fora such as WTO.
- Publication year: 2008
- Publication Type: Brief
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Region (Recipient country): Africa
- Sector: Multi-sectoral
- The Institution (Publication): Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries
- Author (and co-authors): S.K. Mohanty and Sachin Chaturvedi
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; India; Africa; Trade; Investment
- Link: RIS site link