India’s Development Cooperation – Opportunities and Challenges for International Development Cooperation
Summary: India’s development cooperation policy approach is clearly distinct from the OECD/DAC approach, the principles of non-interference and mutual respect for sovereignty remaining major features. However there are also some rethinking and discussions going on about the need for improved databases and for aid indicators as well as dialogues with traditional donors, India’s participation in the Heiligendamm Process being a case in point.
- Publication year: 2009
- Publication Type: Policy Brief
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Sector: Multi-sectoral
- The Institution (Publication): German Development Institute
- Author (and co-authors): Vijaya Katti, Tatjana Chahoud and Atul Kaushik
- Keywords: –
- Link: https://www.die-gdi.de/briefing-paper/article/indias-development-cooperation-opportunities-and-challenges-for-international-development-cooperation/