Indian Development Cooperation Regains Momentum: 7 Main Takeaways from India’s 2019-20 Union Budget
Abstract: Since the turn of the century, India has continued to enlarge its development cooperation allocations and become a globally significant development cooperation partner. This brief analyzes India’s 2019-20 Union Budget for its development assistance allocations and, using IDCR’s development cooperation database, finds seven main trends in India’s development assistance allocations.
- Publication year: 2013
- Publication Type: Brief
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Recipient Country: Multiple countries
- Sector: Multi-sectoral
- The Institution (Publication): Centre for Policy Research
- Author (and co-authors): Rani Mullen
- Keywords: India’s 2019-20 Union Budget; ‘Act East’ policy; ‘Neighborhood first’ policy
- Link: CPR site link