India in Africa: Changing Geographies of Power
A collection of accessibly written case studies explore inter-related areas including trade, investment, development aid, civil society relations, security and geopolitics and enables readers to compare India to China and other ‘rising powers’ in Africa.
- Publication year: 2011
- Publication Type: Book
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Recipient Country: Multiple countries
- Region (Recipient country): Not Applicable
- Sector: Multi-sectoral
- The Institution (Publication): Pambazuka Press (Book)
- Author (and co-authors): Emma Mawdsley and Gerard McCann (Authors and editors)
- Keywords: rising powers and mainstream foreign aid; lineages of non-DAC aid and development cooperation; (re-) emerging development partners today: Modalities and practices, institutions, recipients, and flows; constructing non-DAC development assistance; changing development governance; New Global Partnerships; India; China; Gulf states (Saudi Arabia); former socialist states (Poland and Russia)
- Link: https://www.pambazuka.org/global-south/india-africa-changing-geographies-power