Development Cooperation and Emerging Powers: New Partners or Old Patterns?
An exploration of the development policies of Brazil, China, India, Mexico, and South Africa, analyzing how South-South cooperation has evolved and where it differs from traditional development cooperation.
- Publication year: 2016
- Publication Type: Book
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Recipient Country: Multiple countries
- Region (Recipient country): Not Applicable
- Sector: Multi-sectoral
- The Institution (Publication): Zed Books (Book)
- Editors: Sachin Chaturvedi, Thomas Fues, and Elizabeth Sidiropoulos
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; Development cooperation; economic cooperation; experiences of traditional aid policies; Aid effectiveness and emerging donors; China’s evolving aid landscape; India and development cooperation; South Africa: development, international cooperation, and soft power; global consensus on development cooperation
- Link: Zed Books site link