South-South Cooperation: Africa on the Centre Stage
A critical analysis of the ways in which Africa has shifted from the periphery of global trade, international relations and politics to the centre of the world stage because of its existing and potential economic prowess and purchasing power that the continent has to offer.
- Publication year: 2011
- Publication Type: Book
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Recipient Country: Multiple countries
- Region (Recipient country): Africa
- Sector: Multi sectorial
- The Institution (Publication): Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan UK (Book)
- Author (and co-authors): R. Modi (Editor)
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; Contemporary view and new Bandung consensus; Indian Ocean; Food security and south-south cooperation; BRICs and Africa; Regional trading agreements in Africa; Healthcare of Africans in India; India’s economic engagement with Sudan; South Africa and India as regional leaders in global south; civil society in Africa; India, Africa, and the IOR-ARC
- Link: https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9780230248854#reviews